In present scenario in India, the entire policy and procedures, as notified by the Government from time to time, are duly incorporated under Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 (“FEMA”) regulations.
FEMA covers all the issues related to foreign exchange management. FEMA replaced the earlier Act Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973 (FERA) with effect from June 1, 2000.
With the introduction of economic reforms in the country, the need for replacement of FERA with FEMA was strongly felt. Approach of FEMA is radically different from FERA – from conservation to facilitation and from control to regulation. FEMA is applicable to the all parts of India.
1. AP (DIR) Circulars (1999 – 2010): Linked to related AP (DIR) Circulars, Notifications & Regulations
2. FDI Policy (2010):
The FDI policy documents are available in word format.
Linked to related Press Notes, AP (DIR) Circulars, Notifications & Regulations
3. All related Forms available in word format
4. Notifications (2000 – 2010): Linked to related Press Notes, AP (DIR) Circulars, Notifications & Regulations
5. Press Notes (1991 – 2010):
All Press Notes are available in word format
The Press Notes are interlinked for easy reference
Linked to related AP (DIR) Circulars, Notifications & Other Regulations & Master Circulars
7. Case laws:
All case laws are headnoted, covering Supreme Court, High Court and ATFE Cases.
8. RBI FAQs: This section covers FAQs issued by RBI.
I. INDIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT - LEGISLATION
- The Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
- The Foreign Exchange Management Rules (issued by Central Government in 2000)
- Regulations (as on date)
- Amending Notifications (2000-2010) (Amending notifications notified by Reserve Bank of India under Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999)
- Master Circulars (2001 - 2010)
- A.P. (DIR series) Circulars (2000-2010) (Issued by RBI)
- Foreign Direct Investment Policy (2010)
- Press Notes (1991 – 2010)
- FAQs issued by RBI
II. INDIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT - CASES
- Supreme Court Cases (2001 – 2010)
- High Court Cases (2001 – 2010)
- Appellate Tribunal For Foreign Exchange (2001 – 2010)
III. INDIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT – COMMENTARY
IV. INDIAN FOREIGN EXCHANGE MANAGEMENT - ALLIED LEGISLATION
- Foreign Exchange Regulation Act, 1973
- Foreign Contribution Legislation
o The Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 1976
o The Foreign Contribution (Regulation), Rules, 1976
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002
- COFEPOSA, 1974
- Foreign Trade (Development and Regulation) Act, 1992
- Smugglers and Foreign Exchange Manipulators (Forfeiture of Property) Act, 1976
The only online product on FEMA that co-relates FEMA regulations, notifications, AP (DIR) Circulars, master circulars, Press Notes and FDI policy.